Hello! It has been only 2 weeks since the highly anticipated launch of FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna! And I am so excited to share with you my thoughts on these 2 products! Read Killawatt review here.
• Clings onto dry patches, suggest you use a hydrating moisturiser or primer
• Oxidises, so I suggest you try it at the store. Walk around for 10-15 mins and check back on the shade
I compared the shade with my current foundations. Hopefully, it will be useful to those who are shopping online 🙂
• Medium coverage, like typical foundation. You will need to use a concealer to cover blemishes, as usual
• Matte finish but doesn’t feel tight or dry. Lightweight texture
• Keeps me matte for a long time. Do bear in mind that sebum will kick in nevertheless, especially since if you have oily skin like me. Touch-up may not even be necessary. Strictly depends on your own skin condition.
• Retails for SGD50. Affordable for a foundation and product sold at Sephora
• 40 shades available. I’m sure you’ll be able to find a suitable shade. I am pretty fussy about the undertone. So yeah, Rihanna got you covered! 😀
• Recommend using a beauty blender instead of a brush for a more natural and smooth finish
*UPDATE: I feel that the foundation “breaks down” once I perspire… So just bear that in mind if you’re gonna be hot and sweaty
Do let me know what you got from her latest launch and have you tried this foundation?
WATCH DEMO HERE
P.S I asked the Sephora staff if this foundation was better than Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (which I’m not a fan of) and she said yes with confidence. I was a lil’ skeptical cos she might be just trying to sell the product. But oh boy, she was right. This foundation is more lightweight and suitable for oily skin. UD barely kept me matte. yups.